Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by "肖康(Kang Xiao)" <kx...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/30 00:48:46 UTC

[Discuss][DSIP] Support JSON data type

Hi All,

I'd like to propose the support for JSON data type.

Semi structured data is very common in data analysis and the most popular
format is JSON. Several database systems support JSON data type, usually
binary format, for efficient storage and query processing.

JSON binary data type will be introduced. It will store in a JSON column in
efficient binary format instead of string. We can refer to JSON in MySQL,
JSONB in PG and BSON in MongoDB.

--
Best Regards!

Kang <kx...@gmail.com>

Re: Re: Re: [Discuss][DSIP] Support JSON data type

Posted by Kang <kx...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. The proposal doc is updated and any comment is welcome!

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.

Posted by Kang <kx...@gmail.com>.

--

Best Regards!

Kang <kx...@gmail.com>

Re:Re: [Discuss][DSIP] Support JSON data type

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
I created a DSIP for this proposal[1], please tell me your CWIKI acount that I can add write permission for you.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/DSIP-016%3A+Support+JSON+type

Posted by Kang <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mingyu,

--

Best Regards!

Kang <kx...@gmail.com>

Re:[Discuss][DSIP] Support JSON data type

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi Kang,
JSON type is indeed a significant feature for semi-structured data analysis.
Do you have any detail design about this feature, If you are willing to implement this feature, I would like to create a DSIP for you, and you can show us the details about it.