Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Luciano Afranllie <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 16:08:12 UTC

Regarding ZOOKEEPER-2247 and disk full

Hi

In this issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2247

There is a comment that says:

In test environment, after the zookeeper server start, *disk is made
read-only using an internal tool which executes commands similar to mount
-o ro,remount /dev/sda3. yes, it is not a disk full scenario*

What I would like to know if this issue happens in disk full scenarios.

Regards

Luciano

Re: Regarding ZOOKEEPER-2247 and disk full

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
If you get an IOException like in the description of the jira while persisting a txn in SyncRequestProcessor, then the leader should experience the issue in the jira:

2015-08-14 15:41:18,556 [myid:100] - ERROR [SyncThread:100:ZooKeeperCriticalThread@48] - Severe unrecoverable error, from thread : SyncThread:100
java.io.IOException: Input/output error

-Flavio