Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Tuan H. Le" <tu...@phsadc.com> on 2002/12/09 18:26:18 UTC

SSL with Struts/Tomcat

Hi,

Sorry, I think this question is more related to Tomcat and F5 load balancer instead of Struts related topic. But, I'm hoping that some one on this group has done/configured a similar environment like we have and point me to a direction on how to solve our problem with HTTPS.

We are using Big IP 2000 application switches controller running config 4.2 PTF7.
Basically, the problem is when HTTPS session is initiated (by requesting /abc/login.do servlet and it works fine), but the links or redirects within the page is sending the session back to an HTTP none secure session. SSL redirection and rewrite are configured on the F5 and seem to be working on pages without frames. However, for this particular site using frame pages, it does not appear to be working properly.
Thanks,
Tuan