Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by ulysse chenu <ul...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/28 15:44:30 UTC

early bird tickets sold-out?

Hi,

I was hoping to buy an early-bird ticket but they are "sold-out" although
this is the 28/09. The web site said we had until 1st October to get them,
I never saw a mention that there was a limited amount available.
Any chance the window can be reopened?
Thanks.

Re: early bird tickets sold-out?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Nick Burch wrote:
> Keep an eye out for a tweet tomorrow, once the fix has gone in!

Fix is in, and early bird tickets are back on sale again, with a new
deadline of Thursday

Nick

Re: early bird tickets sold-out?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Upayavira wrote:
> Likewise, I have planned to purchase an early-bird ticket for a
> colleague. I had planned my decision making and budgeting around the 1
> October date, so was surprised to see that the early bird Rate is sold
> out.

We were surprised too...

Sadly it seemed to kick in just after all the people able to fix it went
home for the weekend :/

> I would like to know that I will be able to purchase one even if the 1
> October date passes without the problem having been fixed.

We've asked the company that handles registration to re-open the early
bird rate, which they'll hopefully tackle in about 10 hours time (first
thing in the morning, German time). So that people who missed out this
weekend still have a chance, we've asked them to push the end date out to
the end of Thursday. As it (now) says on the ApacheCon homepage:

----------
Early Bird Tickets return Monday 1st, until Thursday 4th

Early Bird ticket sales were set to end on Monday, but due to a
communication mix-up the accidentally closed on Saturday... We've asked
the company that handles ticketing to re-open Early Bird Ticket sales
first thing on Monday, and to extend the deadline until Thursday 4th
October to give everyone who missed out a chance to still lock in the
early-bird rate. Sorry about the mix-up folks!
----------

Keep an eye out for a tweet tomorrow, once the fix has gone in!

Cheers
Nick

Re: early bird tickets sold-out?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Likewise, I have planned to purchase an early-bird ticket for a
colleague. I had planned my decision making and budgeting around the 1
October date, so was surprised to see that the early bird Rate is sold
out. Is this an error? How can I go about purchasing the early bird
ticket? I would like to know that I will be able to purchase one even if
the 1 October date passes without the problem having been fixed.

Thanks!

Upayavira

Posted by Lars Lipinski <de...@lipinski.it>.
Hi there,