Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by adambomb <du...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/20 19:10:17 UTC

SetAttributeNS compile error?

Hi everyone,
I am trying to run the sample code for Batik  but I am getting all types of
compile time errors.
I have all the batik jar files in my library which include batik-svg-dom.jar
as well,
But when I try to use the method by making an object of Element class, it
throws me the compile error.

Do I need some more jar files in order to do that?

  DOMImplementation impl = SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
    String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
    Document doc = impl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);

    // Get the root element (the 'svg' element).
    Element svgRoot = doc.getDocumentElement();

    // Set the width and height attributes on the root 'svg' element.
    svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null,"width","400");.....................this is
where I get the error
    svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "height", "450");................this is
where I get the error

So I cant get past these errors.
Could somebody help?

Re: SetAttributeNS compile error?

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi.

adambomb:
> I am trying to run the sample code for Batik  but I am getting all types of
> compile time errors.
> I have all the batik jar files in my library which include batik-svg-dom.jar
> as well,
> But when I try to use the method by making an object of Element class, it
> throws me the compile error.
>
> Do I need some more jar files in order to do that?
>

>   DOMImplementation impl = SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
>     String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
>     Document doc = impl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);
>
>     // Get the root element (the 'svg' element).
>     Element svgRoot = doc.getDocumentElement();
>
>     // Set the width and height attributes on the root 'svg' element.
>     svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null,"width","400");.....................this is
> where I get the error
>     svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "height", "450");................this is
> where I get the error

Those lines look OK to me, and any barely-recent JRE will include the
DOM Level 2 org.w3c.dom.Element interface.  Can you post you exact
compilation error messages?

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/