Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Marchant, Hayden " <ha...@citi.com> on 2018/02/01 13:46:51 UTC

Latest version of Kafka

What is the newest version of Kafka that is compatible with Flink 1.4.0? I see the last version of Kafka supported is 0.11 , from documentation, but has any testing been done with Kafka 1.0?

Hayden Marchant

RE: Latest version of Kafka

Posted by "Marchant, Hayden " <ha...@citi.com>.
Thanks for the info!

Flink as for now provides only a connector for Kafka 0.11, which is using KafkaClient in 0.11.x version. However you should be able to use it for reading to/writing from Kafka 1.0 - Kafka claims (and as far as I know it’s true) that Kafka 1.0 is backward compatible with 0.11.

Piotrek

Re: Latest version of Kafka

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,