Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sunitha Abburu <dr...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 04:36:07 UTC

Regarding Apache Marmotta

Dear Sir/Madam,

            The mail is regarding your product “APACHE MARMOTTA”.

We are working on R&D projects with GIS technologies. We have gone through
the features of APACHE MARMOTTA, the features are very good.

We would like to use APACHE MARMOTTA in our R&D projects that needs the
support of OGC GeoSPARQL.

We have downloaded and hosted APACHE MARMOTTA 3.3.0, We are facing
difficulty to execute the GeoSPARQL operations like Simple Features
Topological Relations, Egenhofer Topological Relations, RCC8 Topological
Relations and Non-Topological Functions.

As per the official website, to execute the above mentioned operations the
developer has to use APACHE MARMOTTA 3.4.0 .  But the Version 3.4.0 is not
available for download.

We request you to kindly provide a link / any alternative to download the
APACHE MARMOTTA 3.4.0.

Thanks and Regards,
Research Team

Re: Regarding Apache Marmotta

Posted by FRANCISCO XAVIER SUMBA TORAL <xa...@ucuenca.ec>.
Hi,

I'll give you some comments in-line.

drsunithaabburu.researchlab@gmail.com>:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>             The mail is regarding your product “APACHE MARMOTTA”.
>
> We are working on R&D projects with GIS technologies. We have gone through
> the features of APACHE MARMOTTA, the features are very good.
>
> We would like to use APACHE MARMOTTA in our R&D projects that needs the
> support of OGC GeoSPARQL.
>
> We have downloaded and hosted APACHE MARMOTTA 3.3.0, We are facing
> difficulty to execute the GeoSPARQL operations like Simple Features
> Topological Relations, Egenhofer Topological Relations, RCC8 Topological
> Relations and Non-Topological Functions.

In [1] you can find a list of t functions already implemented.

> As per the official website, to execute the above mentioned operations the
> developer has to use APACHE MARMOTTA 3.4.0 .  But the Version 3.4.0 is not
> available for download.
>
> We request you to kindly provide a link / any alternative to download the
> APACHE MARMOTTA 3.4.0.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Research Team

The version 3.4.0 is not released yet, you can build it from the branch
develop [2]. However, to use the functionality of GeoSPARQL you should
build the branch MARMOTTA-584 [3]. You can find more information in [4] for
the installation.

Cheers,
Xavier Sumba.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/marmotta/GSoC/2015/MARMOTTA-584