Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/08/14 21:32:13 UTC

0.18 release update - proposed final RC3

Hi, everyone.  All of the outstanding inclusion requests have been
settled, and I've cut RC3 at revision 1373004.  Get it here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18-rc3/

This is a proposed final release candidate.  At the end of this week, if
no new blockers have emerged, I'll open the release vote.  If the vote
passes, I'll rebuild the release from the very same RC3 revision but
without -rc3 in the version numbers.

Last, I owe a big thanks to Robbie for taking on several release tasks
while I was away.

The proposed final 0.18 release notes are on their way.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: 0.18 release update - proposed final RC3

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I tested 0.18-rc3 builds of Java Broker, Java Client and  JMX
Management Console and could not find any issue with the builds.

My tests included the following:
- running spout, drain, hello examples with java client against the java broker
- creating/deleting exchanges, bindings, queues with JMX management console
- moving/copying/deleting messages with  JMX management console
- adding/deleting users with JMX management console
- creating/deleting exchanges, bindings, queues with web management console
- moving/copying/deleting messages with  web management console
- adding/deleting users with web management console

Kind Regards,
Alex

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I've tested the following from RC3. Java Broker/Java Client and JMX
Management Console/Web Management Console (using Safari) on Mac OS X.  No
issues encountered.

cheers, Keith.

Re: 0.18 release update - proposed final RC3

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

> [3] Java broker appears not to support ANONYMOUS still (not an issue, I just
> thought that had been fixed, so noted in passing).

Anonymous can be configured as an authentication mechanism for a port,
but it is not present by default.

> [4] The qmf based command line tools used to at least run against the java
> broker, though results were a little odd. Now however they all give an
> error: Failed: NotFound - no such queue: qmf.default.topic, including
> qpid-config.

Unfortunate. I'd really like to be able to share management tooling
between the brokers, but we'd need much better project coordination
for that :(

-- Rob

Re: 0.18 release update - proposed final RC3

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/14/2012 08:32 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  All of the outstanding inclusion requests have been
> settled, and I've cut RC3 at revision 1373004.  Get it here:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18-rc3/
>
> This is a proposed final release candidate.  At the end of this week, if
> no new blockers have emerged, I'll open the release vote.  If the vote
> passes, I'll rebuild the release from the very same RC3 revision but
> without -rc3 in the version numbers.

I've tested building and installing c++ client & broker with
autotools[1], building c++ client and broker with cmake[2], installing
java broker and client binaries, installing python client and tools and
running spout/drain in each language against each other over each
broker[3], python command line tools against c++ broker[4], ran python
tests against both brokers, ran qpid-cpp-benchmark against both brokers.

All looks ok to me (couple of minor, non-blocking issues below).

--Gordon

[1] I get failures for ipv6 test, a known issue due to lack of a 'real'
ipv6 address fixed on trunk by disabling the test in that case.

[2] Running the tests via cmake I get an error for ha tests purely due
to lack of necessary python libs and tools on path; from autotools that
seems to be detected and the test is disabled.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 03:32:13PM -0400, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  All of the outstanding inclusion requests have been
> settled, and I've cut RC3 at revision 1373004.  Get it here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18-rc3/
>
> This is a proposed final release candidate.  At the end of this
> week, if no new blockers have emerged, I'll open the release vote.
> If the vote passes, I'll rebuild the release from the very same RC3
> revision but without -rc3 in the version numbers.
>
> Last, I owe a big thanks to Robbie for taking on several release
> tasks while I was away.
>
> The proposed final 0.18 release notes are on their way.

I've built this on F17, F18 and am currently building on Rawhide. All
looks fine, though F18 needed a rebased version of the patch on
QPID-4095.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/