Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2003/09/04 05:29:34 UTC

Re: doc number as integer

Neil wrote:

>Hmm, that's really interesting: hadn't thought of that.  I'll search the
>archives if I get a chance.

This problem can be solved by using multiple indexes...  One problem is
that a result set can only return 2^32 documents though but this is
totally acceptable for me.

I wonder what the JVM implementation is like for Itanium... Can this
allocate transactional 64bit longs?

If to it might make sense to distribute a lucene-long.jar with all the
document handles being longs instead of ints.  If I'm correct it is just
a recompile...

Kevin

--
Help Support NewsMonster Development!  Purchase NewsMonster PRO!

    http://www.newsmonster.org/download-pro.html

       AIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://www.peerfear.org/
GPG fingerprint: 4D20 40A0 C734 307E C7B4  DCAA 0303 3AC5 BD9D 7C4D