Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/05/19 22:51:39 UTC

[Cocoon Wiki] Update of "Cocoon 3 Profiling" by SebastianRosensteiner

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SebastianRosensteiner:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Cocoon_3_Profiling

      * Sebastian Rosensteiner
      * Stephan Teuschl

+ === Current Status ===
+
+ A first Patch (introducing the cocoon-profiling project to cocoon 3) was already applied. Currently we are discussing the second patch which is available here: [[http://christophleiter.com/tmp/cocoon-profiling-1.patch]].
+
+ We are about to build a suitable data structure for the profiling data, and we are now facing the problem that some of the data we store is redundant. This is because some of our aspects are very generic and intercept calls of the same object (e.g. a PipelineComponent) several times, storing the same information in several ProfilingData objects. I see no way to make the aspects more specific, since we have no information which servlets, sitemaps and pipeline components might be used and which methods are called.
+
+ Measuring the runtime of servlets, sitemaps and pipeline components is now done at a method basis, which means that we have accurate data on the runtime of the intercepted methods, but no data on the runtime (lifetime) of a specific servlet or pipeline component.
+
  === First Examples ===

- The following examples were developed to gain knowledge about the cocoon project and other related technologies (e.g. Spring AOP). Beginners might find them useful since these examples are simple and easy to use.
+ The following examples were developed to gain knowledge about the cocoon project and other related technologies (e.g. Spring AOP). Beginners might find these resources useful since these examples are simple and easy to use.

  ==== Spring AOP ====

@@ -57, +65 @@

  ==== Cocoon Sample ====

+ A small cocoon sample was developed in order to get a better understanding of cocoon and its possibilities.
+
  ----