Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Art Allisany <a...@allisany.com> on 2007/11/01 12:30:43 UTC

maven repository directory changed

In the quick start tutorial:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/tutorial.html

it says to cd to:

src/example/hello-ivy

but it doesn't work because the maven repository reorganized their
directory structure.

so the src/example/hello-ivy/ivy.xml in the download bundle is

<ivy-module version="1.0">
     <info organisation="apache" module="hello-ivy"/>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency org="apache" name="commons-lang" rev="2.1"/>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

but should be

<ivy-module version="1.0">
     <info organisation="apache" module="hello-ivy"/>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.1"/>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

after this change the tutorial will work.

Re: maven repository directory changed

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/07, Art Allisany <a...@allisany.com> wrote:

> In the quick start tutorial:
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/tutorial.html
>
> it says to cd to:
>
> src/example/hello-ivy
>
> but it doesn't work because the maven repository reorganized their
> directory structure.

They didn't, but Ivy used to use ivyrep as default repository, where org was
apache for commons module. Now that the default repo is maven 2 one we have
some namespaces problem. But the example is fixed in trunk. Thanks for
reporting anyway.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/