Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Kai Donker <ka...@freenet.de> on 2001/06/07 23:54:30 UTC

is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Hi there,

I 've set up a WebService with a static method. Parameters are bytearrays,
returntype is also a bytearray.

When invoking I get the following error:

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = [B@7b56b1

May the cause for this be, that the Parameter-objects are not corectly
defined? I did it like this:
params.addElement(new Parameter("file", Byte.class, file, null));

Thanks, Kai

Re: AW: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Posted by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com>.
Kai,

Glad to of help.

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> thaks for telling me how to use the TcpTunnelGui. There have been some major
> Problems which I never would have been able to solve without the
> TcpTunnelGui. Now my Service works like I wanted it from the beginning.
>
> Kind regards, Kai

>>> params.addElement(new Parameter("xmlFile", byte[].class, xml, null));
>>> params.addElement(new Parameter("xslFile", byte[].class, xml, null));
>>> call.setParams(params);
>>>
>>> Why can't the method be called?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Kai

----------------------------
Mike Williams
mike@mikesbox.com
http://www.mikesbox.com

Re: AW: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Posted by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com>.
Kai,

Glad to of help.

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> thaks for telling me how to use the TcpTunnelGui. There have been some major
> Problems which I never would have been able to solve without the
> TcpTunnelGui. Now my Service works like I wanted it from the beginning.
>
> Kind regards, Kai

----------------------------
Mike Williams
mike@mikesbox.com
http://www.mikesbox.com

AW: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> OK, here we go wilth the missing code and the error messages. But I do not
> understand how to use the TcpTunnelGui. I have a Tomcat running and
> listening on port 80. So I know the the last two parameters. But I do not
> know what's the listenportnumber an localhoast. When client and server are
> on the the machine port 80 cant't be used.
>
> Client code:
> call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
>

> Client error message:
> Generated fault:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>

> Server error message:
> nothing can be seen
>
> Thanks, Kai

----------------------------
Mike Williams
mike@mikesbox.com
http://www.mikesbox.com

AW: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> OK, here we go wilth the missing code and the error messages. But I do not
> understand how to use the TcpTunnelGui. I have a Tomcat running and
> listening on port 80. So I know the the last two parameters. But I do not
> know what's the listenportnumber an localhoast. When client and server are
> on the the machine port 80 cant't be used.
>
> Client code:
> call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
>

> Client error message:
> Generated fault:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>

> Server error message:
> nothing can be seen
>
> Thanks, Kai

----------------------------
Mike Williams
mike@mikesbox.com
http://www.mikesbox.com

Re: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Posted by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com>.
Kai,

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> OK, here we go wilth the missing code and the error messages. But I do not
> understand how to use the TcpTunnelGui. I have a Tomcat running and
> listening on port 80. So I know the the last two parameters. But I do not
> know what's the listenportnumber an localhoast. When client and server are
> on the the machine port 80 cant't be used.
>
> Client code:
> call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
>

> Client error message:
> Generated fault:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>

> Server error message:
> nothing can be seen
>
> Thanks, Kai

----------------------------
Mike Williams
mike@mikesbox.com
http://www.mikesbox.com

Re: AW: is Bytes.class for bytes[]

Posted by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com>.
Kai,

Kai Donker wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> OK, here we go wilth the missing code and the error messages. But I do not
> understand how to use the TcpTunnelGui. I have a Tomcat running and
> listening on port 80. So I know the the last two parameters. But I do not
> know what's the listenportnumber an localhoast. When client and server are
> on the the machine port 80 cant't be used.
>
> Client code:
> call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
>

> Client error message:
> Generated fault:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>

> Server error message:
> nothing can be seen
>
> Thanks, Kai

----------------------------