Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by infoenglish <in...@elec.or.jp> on 2007/09/14 11:45:07 UTC

About James: from an absolute beginner

hello

I wanted to ask 2 questions about james:

1) can it do moderated mailing lists?

2) once its installed, can you administer it remotely? ie you dont have to physically be in the same room as the server machine?

If anyone can help me with these questions, I would be grateful!

Dominic Mitchell

Re: About James: from an absolute beginner

Posted by infoenglish <in...@elec.or.jp>.

> > 1) can it do moderated mailing lists?
>
> Not at this time, but the hooks are in place.

Thanks for your help! In which case, would you recommend I use a different
server for my mailing list?

Dominic

RE: About James: from an absolute beginner

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> 1) can it do moderated mailing lists?

Not at this time, but the hooks are in place.

> can you administer it remotely?

Yes.  I haven't been in the physical presence of my mail server in years.

	--- Noel