Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by benshort <be...@benshort.co.uk> on 2009/02/04 13:43:22 UTC

Limit connections to tomcat via mod_jk

Hi,

We have Apache Httpd 2.4.4 in front of Tomcat 6.0.13 and are using mod_jk to
talk between them.
Apache Httpd is using prefork configured to allow 256 processes. Tomcat also
has 256 threads available.

When a user requests a page one call to the Tomcat is made followed by many
requests to get static content served up by Apache Httpd.

When under load we find that pages take a long time to load due to the
number of requests. We believe that by increasing the number of Apache Httpd
processes available the pages should load faster as the majority of requests
are for static content.

What we need to be able to do is limit the number of concurrent requests
from Apache Httpd to Tomcat. Meaning that we could have 768 Apache processes
available for static content and 256 threads for tomcat.

Is something like this possible?

Regards

Ben Short