Posted to user@struts.apache.org by victor <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/18 08:12:48 UTC

is it possible to use two forms and one action?

Hi,

Is it possible to use use two forms in one action?
For example, ActionForm1 has two instance variable userID and name
and is already populated and Action1 gets done. During another
Action2, ActionForm2 is populated but ActionForm2 has no instance
variable userID. In Action2, userID is needed to something like
querying the DB. Can I use ActionForm1.userID which is already
populated in Action2? If can not, how to work around the problem(
use a value inputed by user just once in many actions?)

Thanks in advance

Victor

URL Rewriting

Posted by "Sudhir S. Shetty" <ss...@powershare.net>.
Hi Everybody,
                       I've just started using struts in my application, I
have a Overview Screen from which I have to pass 2 request parameters to the
ActionForward bean, I dont have a Form Bean for this overview screen.
The problem I face is using URL rewiting, when i pass these parametrs in the
bypass the servlet, Kindly suggest me a method, or the right syntax for
The Link I've used in my app is as follows :-
page="fee.do?action=Edit&ls_company_name=<%=rs.getString(2)%>&ls_rate_table=
<%=rs.getString(3)%>"> <%=rs.getString(1)%><html:link>