Posted to repository@apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 10:39:55 UTC

Validating repository

Recently on the ivy user list [1] someone complained about bad poms found on
ibiblio.  The two examples he gave were poms with version numbers and
groupid that didn't match with their location.

Isn't possible to write an automated tool that crawl the repository, verify
some rules, and report any anomalies to the mail addresses indicated in the
pom and/or to this mailing list.

WDYT?

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Dealing-with-bad-POMs--tf3817428.html

Re: Validating repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This is already in place (and being improved) in Archiva (http://
maven.apache.org/archiva).

It is yet to be used to clean up central, but I have looked at the
feasibility of this in the past.

- Brett