Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Roberto Viana <rv...@agency.com> on 2001/03/27 11:30:01 UTC

encoding types

Hi there,

Short question; does XALAN supports other encoding types other than UTF-8?
like KOI8-R(Russian).

I'm currently using XALAN 1.2 and I'm having problems when using different
characters sets in my XSL's.

Thanks for your feedback.

Roberto Viana.

Re: encoding types

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Roberto Viana wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Short question; does XALAN supports other encoding types other than UTF-8?
> like KOI8-R(Russian).

Yes.  KOI8-R is supported in the current version of XalanJ2 (2.0.1).

> I'm currently using XALAN 1.2 and I'm having problems when using different
> characters sets in my XSL's.

I'd recommend upgrading to XalanJ2 and then trying your stuff.  If you
still have problems, come back to the list with sample XML and XSLT and
we'll try to help.

Gary