Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by Zhao Chun <bu...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 13:44:55 UTC

[DISCUSS]We should improve our docs

Hi, all

Many users tell us that our documents are not detailed enough. So I think
we should improve our documents.

I think the first thing we should do is to construct our document
framework. We need to build a framework so that other people can add new
documents easily.

And I want to discuss about this framework with you. What I want is that

1. the document is written in Markdown, because it is what we are familiar
with.
2. it should be written once, and used anywhere, including in our website,
in manual book, and in our help command.
3. we should support multiple languages, for now just English and Chinese.

Following is what I want to do

1. create docs/references directory for our document files, and
docs/references/en for English, and docs/references/cn for Chinese. And
these directories I called are root document directories.
2. in root document directory, a directory means that it contains other
documents and a document file is a single page.
3. we add document converting tools to docs/scripts. This tools will
convert our documents into any thing we want, such as HTML, PDF.

This is what I think, and I'm looking forward to your feedback

Thanks,
ZHAO Chun