Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Smith <js...@sanger.ac.uk> on 2020/10/04 14:55:42 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Alternatives to SSI (server side includes)? [EXT]

There are a number of things you can do:

1) Why are you doing what you are doing - i.e. why are you updating what is displayed to the user
2) Others have suggested using AJAX, another thing you can look at here is what and how you are retrieving the data.
	You can look at using a cleanup handler (sorry mod_perl user here!) which does all the work for you and writes/updates the database, and then your ajax retrieves the data...
3) You can possibly speed up code by using a write-through cache to avoid a lot of read/writes to your database
4) From what you are saying it isn't clear what you are doing - perhaps an example URL or two would be useful for us to offer some support...

James