Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/06/05 18:24:14 UTC

Re: Accessing to two (or more) relational databases at the same time

Hi Vladimir,

sorry no-one ever got back to you on this... did you come up with a
solution?

otherwise, I have some thoughts...

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Vladimir Nišević <vn...@gmail.com>.
Hi, comments are inlined

br,Vladimir

> Am 08.06.2015 um 08:22 schrieb Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>:
>
> Sounds ok... though what approach are you taking for transaction management?

I manage transactions to other databases manually, in case of any exception, I use "process" entity stored in Isis RDB to report exceptions

> Normally Isis does the xactn mgmt for free.  I guess you are doing that
> stuff yourself?  And (since we don't provide any hooks) presumably there is
> no 2PC/XA stuff, so there are possibilities of data being committed to one
> database but not the other?

Exactely! I can live with that, although it would be good to have automatic transaction begin/commit for other DB's like Isis does it.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Vladimir Nišević <vn...@gmail.com>.