Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Jaiswal, Vibhor " <vi...@citi.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/28 21:36:57 UTC

How to connect to a Kafka Topic using SASL

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to the my Kafka Topic which is secured by SASL .Where do I need to pass the below parameters-

 security:
        protocol: SASL_PLAINTEXT
      sasl:
        mechanism: SCRAM-SHA-256
        jaas:
          config: org.apache.kafka.common.security.scram.ScramLoginModule required username="******" password="*******";

Can I add them in my storage plugin configuration as below -

{
  "type": "kafka",
  "kafkaConsumerProps": {
    "key.deserializer": "org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.ByteArrayDeserializer",
    "auto.offset.reset": "earliest",
    "bootstrap.servers": "****-phys:9092,****-phys:9092,*****-phys:9092",
    "enable.auto.commit": "true",
    "group.id": "drill-query-consumer",
    "value.deserializer": "org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.ByteArrayDeserializer",
    "sasl_encrypt": "true",
    "session.timeout.ms": "30000"
  },
  "enabled": true
}
Regards,
Vibhor Jaiswal

Re: How to connect to a Kafka Topic using SASL

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Yes, you can. kafkaConsumerProps is a `java.util.Properties` Object.
Also welcome to join our Slack Channel: https://bit.ly/3t4rozO <https://bit.ly/3t4rozO>