Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/02 03:16:26 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c mod_include.h

On 2 Sep 2001 jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

> jerenkrantz    01/09/01 18:09:02
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                modules/filters mod_include.c mod_include.h
>   Log:
>   Make mod_include check for BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD on a per-bucket basis
>   rather than on a per-character basis.  A significant amount of time
>   was spent checking the limit.  A better place to check for the threshold
>   is when we read the bucket in not as we read each character in the bucket.
>
>   If a bucket manages to be 200MB, it is not this code's problem as it
>   is a mere filter.
>
>   I ran this with the mod_include stuff in httpd-test and it looks good
>   from here.

The httpd-test mod_include tests are probably insufficient to test this
code.  They have lots of recursion and check just about all of the
imaginable flavors of tag types, but none of them have really BIG
content... not even close to big enough to warrant a brigade split.  Maybe
we should add a test that includes biggish data from the middle of a
biggish file?  Somewhere around 32k should be sufficient, I'd guess...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA