Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by mst <ma...@stegmannsystems.com> on 2011/10/24 13:57:55 UTC

Wrong Execution Environment Names in Karaf 2.2.4?

The execution environment of karaf is defined in config.properties with

# OSGi Execution Environment
org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=J2SE-1.7,J2SE-1.6,J2SE-1.5,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.2

I don't know if there are standardized names but in eclipse the environments
above Java 1.5 are named like JavaSE-1.6 and JavaSE-1.7. Shouldn't karaf use
the same naming scheme?

Best
Markus

Re: Wrong Execution Environment Names in Karaf 2.2.4?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Gareth.

I'm going take a look.

Regards
JB

On 10/25/2011 06:38 PM, Gareth wrote:
> Hello Jean-Baptiste,
>
> I second the request for JavaSE-1.6/JavaSE-1.7 execution environments.
>
> As well, I tried to add in the Equinox implementation of Declarative
> Services (unless I missed it, I didn't see a Karaf feature for Declarative
> Services). When I tried to install
> org.eclipse.equinox.util_1.0.200.v20100503.jar (required for installing
> equinox DS), it requested that execution environment "OSGi/Minimum-1.1". I
> can go add this manually, but does that make sense to add this execution
> environment to the Karaf list as well?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Gareth

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Wrong Execution Environment Names in Karaf 2.2.4?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Markus,

AFAIR J2SE is an alias to JavaSE and means the same.

I'm gonna check it.

Regards
JB

On 10/24/2011 01:57 PM, mst wrote:
> The execution environment of karaf is defined in config.properties with
>
> # OSGi Execution Environment
> org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=J2SE-1.7,J2SE-1.6,J2SE-1.5,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.2
>
> I don't know if there are standardized names but in eclipse the environments
> above Java 1.5 are named like JavaSE-1.6 and JavaSE-1.7. Shouldn't karaf use
> the same naming scheme?
>
> Best
> Markus

Jean-Baptiste Onofré