Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/09/26 05:29:53 UTC

Virtual Hosts: Connecting Apache 2.x to Tomcat 4.x (was mod_jk, Windows XP, Tomcat 4.0.5 - issues)

Sweet - I got it all working - now for a new question.

What is the recommended setup for an ISP/ASP with one box?  The article
I modified my workers.properties after (http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/)
seems to be geared for "load-balancing" rather than an ISP/ASP
situation.  So I added the following and it seemed to achieve what I
wanted.

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
ServerName localhost
JkMount /*.jsp tomcat1
JkMount /servlet/* tomcat1
</VirtualHost>

# Second Virtual Host. Also accessible via HTTPS
#
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
ServerName fatbastard
JkMount /*.jsp tomcat2
JkMount /servlet/* tomcat2
</VirtualHost>

Where requests to http://localhost will go to tomcat 1 and
http://fatbastard will go to tomcat 2.  So if I now have to configure
this on one Linux server for approx 5 (initially) different tomcat
instances.

So do you recommend setting up a bunch of customer1.mycompany.com
aliases that go to the same IP, or stuffing a bunch of NIC cards into
the one box?

Thanks for all your help - this stuff is great, and folks on this list
have made it very easy to setup.

Matt

http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/ and having no luck.  The errors I'm
getting is:

1. The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Apache.exe: module
"C:\jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src\jk\native\apache-2.0\mod_jk.c"
is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need
20020903).     .

2. The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Please contact the vendor for the correct version.     .

I have the following in http.conf

# Using mod_jk.dll to redirect dynamic calls to Tomcat LoadModule
jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

#
# Configure mod_jk
#
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info

And I've downloaded http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/Release/mod_jk.dll.

My configuration is Windows XP SP1, Apache 2.0.42, Tomcat 4.0.5.

Looks like I need Apache 2.0.40 eh?

Thanks,

Matt

For additional commands, e-mail: