Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/22 19:55:22 UTC

Ready for 5.2 final release?

Hi all,

I see 5.2.4 as final release of the 5.2 series. The release is out since
couple of days and it looks very good. I don't see any reason why we
shouldn't mark it as GA. Do you?

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Ready for 5.2 final release?

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Christian Riedel
<cr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> You can always make bug fix releases, don't you? I'm currently writing two new applications with 5.2.4 and I didn't recognize any bug :-)
>
> Just make more and smaller steps (releases) to become less anxious!

I'm all for more releases - I would prefer to see more frequent
releases and some maintenance of past stable branches - otherwise we
end up with things like the last 5.1.0 release branch which has failed
to get any bug or security fixes for a LONG time now which are long
overdue.

-Dave

Re: Ready for 5.2 final release?

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Hi,

I know it is too late, and I do think the 5.2 release should move forward,
but there is one nasty problem that plagues T5 at the moment: IE9
compatibility. Prototype 1.6.1 does not support IE9 and the now released 1.7
breaks T5(.2)'s ajax javascript handling. The finishing touch is that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-648 is still not fixed properly,
so we can't instruct IE9 to render (and interpret javascript) using the
working ie8 engine. Every T5 app will be broken for IE9 users.. :/

I hope this will be addressed soon.

The error that happens w/ IE9 + T5.2 (Proto 1.6.1) can be reproduced quite
easily: just browse to a site implemented using T5, make sure the IE9 is in
IE9 browser and page mode and use any ajax functionality. (Example:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxactionlink)

The T5.2 + Proto 1.7 problem can be reproduced with AJAX response that
includes JS - nothing is evaluated.

Microsoft is pain in thy arse, I know, but the end user does not care -
either it works or not and now we're losing revenue here when ever suer has
IE9 ...

 - Ville

Re: Ready for 5.2 final release?

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Hi,

[...]

either it works or not and now we're losing revenue here when ever user has
IE9 ...

 - Ville

Re: Ready for 5.2 final release?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll be in favor of a release vote once I've finished updating the tutorial;
I'll be working on that over the next day or so.  Expect a vote by the end
of the week.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<ig...@gmail.com> wrote: