Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by rosalba bochicchio <ro...@yahoo.it> on 2005/11/11 17:29:00 UTC

tree2 how can I get the parent of a node??

Hi all,
I'm using tree2 component (Myfaces 1.0.9) to create a
navigation bar. Whe I'm on one node of the tree I need
to know who the parent of the node is. Any Idea about
How I can acoomplish this?

Thanks

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: Re: Re: tree2 how can I get the parent of a node??

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Mathias,

Before you get too far we should talk.  I've been having some ideas of
my own about refactoring that include support for an AJAX option.  I
will try to get up to speed on the latest SVN for tree2 (since I
haven't looked in quite some time) and then get back to you.

I'll try and post a detailed proposal over the weekend (perphaps sooner.)

sean

On 11/16/05, mathias.werlitz@daimlerchrysler.com
<ma...@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:

> I will try to include some events for expanding/collapsing and selecting a
> node. Listeners for this events should than very easy to implement.
> Internally there will be some kind of iterator for walking the tree ... but
> I'm still in a very early stage. There will be also some functions to
> directly expand/collapse a node by code because this feature was already
> requested and I now need it too :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Mathias Werlitz
>
> sean.schofield@gmail.com schrieb am 15.11.2005 16:14:00:
>

>  > > Well i have a more general solution in mind, so that you can wirte your
> own
>  > > TreeModel that can create logical node ids.
>  > > For backwards compatibility the default will still be based on the old
>  > > physical pattern.
>  >
>  > Sounds promising.  Any other major changes?
>  >
>  > sean

Antwort: Re: Re: tree2 how can I get the parent of a node??

Posted by ma...@daimlerchrysler.com.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
mathias.werlitz@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Well i have a more general solution in mind, so that you can wirte
> your own TreeModel that can create logical node ids.
> For backwards compatibility the default will still be based on the old
> physical pattern.
Well, thats exactly what I wanted to hear :-)

Looking forward for the new tree2 ...

Thanks!
Mario

Antwort: Re: tree2 how can I get the parent of a node??

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
mathias.werlitz@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> I'm working on a enhanced version of the tree2 component that will
> include this feature.
Great!
Are your trying to solve the problem with node-state saving and
deletion/insertion of new nodes too?
e.g. by not using the nodes physical position, but a logical (uniq) node
id provided by the application?

Ciao,
Mario

Antwort: tree2 how can I get the parent of a node??

Posted by ma...@daimlerchrysler.com.
At the moment there is no way of determining directly the parent node
(version 1.1.1). You can write your own TreeNode implementation, that
stores the parent.