Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2019/11/19 13:32:05 UTC

[REPORT] HttpComponents

The mission of HttpComponents is the creation and
maintenance of
software related to Java toolset of low level HTTP
components

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- There is a steady stream of small contributions in the projects in
  the form of pull requests at Github but so far there is no one meriting
  a consideration for project committership.

## Membership Data:
Apache HttpComponents was founded 2007-11-14 (12 years ago)
There are currently 19 committers and 10 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Ryan Schmitt was added to the PMC on 2019-08-28
- No new committers. Last addition was Ryan Schmitt on 2018-11-13.

## Project Activity:
 We are preparing to release GA version 5.0 of our core and client component
 libraries which would mark a formal completion of a 4 year long development
 cycle. We are about start a discussion about directions and the scope of
 future development efforts.

## Community Health:
- The project remains low-profile but overall healthy.
- We are seeing more and more project related questions posted to Stack  Overflow rater than our user list.
- There is a decrease in the number of emails on the dev and users lists
  as well as some drop in the number of PRs. We expect the overall activity to
  pick up once 5.0 GA versions have been released.

## Recent releases:
  HttpCore 5.0-beta10 was released on 2019-10-31.
  HttpClient 5.0-beta6 was released on 2019-10-10.
  HttpCore 5.0-beta9 was released on 2019-10-07.
  HttpClient 4.5.10 GA was released on 2019-09-10.
  HttpCore 4.4.12 GA was released on 2019-09-05.