Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Richard Light <ri...@light.demon.co.uk> on 2003/02/04 09:25:10 UTC

Xindice startup problem

I've just downloaded and installed Xindice, I _think_ correctly.  I
followed all the instructions about environment variables.

I can certainly start up the server (from the command prompt), and get a
sensible sequence of messages which suggest that services 'db',
'HTTPServer' and 'APIService' are all started.

However, when I try to run the xindice or xindiceadmin command (from a
separate command prompt), I just get back the help text for the command
in question (i.e. there is a slightly longer list of commands for
xindiceadmin than for xindice).

Am I just being dumb?  Should I be doing this some other way?

I'm running Windows XP Professional, with JDK 1.3.1 (after an initial
attempt with 1.4.1 - I thought the JDK version might be the problem).

Richard Light

--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy

Re: Xindice startup problem

Posted by Richard Light <ri...@light.demon.co.uk>.
In message <Xb...@light.demon.co.uk>, Richard Light
<ri...@light.demon.co.uk> writes

Just to say I should have read the online archive more carefully before
posting ...

My problem is the same one that was dealt with in a previous thread: I
didn't have JAVA_HOME set correctly.  Xindice is now working.

However, it's worth noting that I _did_ set this environment variable
correctly when starting the server.  My problem was that I also needed
to set it in the separate command prompt from which I was making the
client calls.  Maybe that's because I set it from within a batch file
when starting the server; maybe it's an XP thing ...  (Looks like the
latter: starting a third command prompt and typing 'SET', I don't see
the JAVA_HOME env variable, even though I had set it explicitly in the
second command prompt window.)

Richard Light

help:Addressbook Sample

Posted by Nicola Dicosmo <n....@cpr.it>.
Hi all,
can someone help me about a problem with Addressbook sample?
my probleme is the following:

when I try to build Addressbook.war BUILD FILED because :
"The <war> task don't support 'destfile' attribute" .

Why?
Best regards
                        Nic.

Re: AW: Xindice startup problem

Posted by Richard Light <ri...@light.demon.co.uk>.
In message <00...@ANDROMEDA>, Dr. Klemens
Waldhör <Wa...@t-online.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>The problem is the bat file which does not work correctly for windows
>(because of the way how the command line arguments are created).
>
>I have a corrected version available on my website (www.waldhor.com and
>there xindice).

Klemens,

Thank you for this.  I have now successfully created a collection, and
imported a couple of thousand (small!) XML documents into it.  My
problem now is that I can't use the web access.  Am I right in thinking
that:

http://localhost:4080/db/object/1881-91.xml

should return the XML of the document "1881-91.xml", stored in
collection "object"?  I get a 404 "page not found" error when I try.

Best wishes,

Richard Light

AW: Xindice startup problem