Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com> on 2010/08/18 16:31:01 UTC

weird datefield pop-up position in IE

I have a page with a form containing a DateField. The form is long enough
that the user might have to scroll down a little to get to the DateField.
After that, when the user clicks on the calendar icon, the widget pops up in
some seemingly random location not near the field.  Sometimes even outside
the visible page boundaries.

This happens in IE7, IE8 and (the tester tells me) on a Mac, but not in
Firefox.  It happens with both the standard DateField and the tapx version.

I've searched the list and Jira with no luck. Ring any bells?

Thanks.

Re: weird datefield pop-up position in IE

Posted by Bryan Lewis <jb...@gmail.com>.
I believe I fixed it, but it was a long time ago.  Apologies if my notes
are no longer relevant.  I patched it in my local source and I've never
gone back to see if the problem was fixed in later versions.

I found that the positioning problem was in the old jscalendar code, and a
patch.
    http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/old/index.html#Kcomment-1262

Looking at my source for calendar.js I find:

Line 89:
  // IE-popup-position patch, one line:
  Calendar.is_ie7up = ( Calendar.is_ie &&
parseFloat(navigator.userAgent.replace(/.*msie ([0-9]+).*/i, "$1" )) >= 7 );

Line 1393:
  // IE-popup-position patch, one line:
        if (Calendar.is_ie && !Calendar.is_ie7up) {

Line 1412:
        // IE-popup-position patch, start:
        var AmountOfYScroll = document.documentElement.scrollTop;
        var HeightOfScreen = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
        var PositionOfElement = p.y;
        var HeightOfCalendar = (h+40);
        if (Calendar.is_ie7up &&
            ( (PositionOfElement - AmountOfYScroll + HeightOfCalendar ) >=
(HeightOfScreen) ) ) {
            var valign = "T";
        } else {
            var valign = opts.substr(0, 1);