Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 09:00:39 UTC

baseurl not overridden in documentation's Jekyll serve for local previewing

Hi all,

Small problem here regarding locally previewing documentation using Jekyll
serve.

When the -p flag is used on docs/build_docs.sh for a local server to preview
documentation, the intended behaviour of Jekyll is to override the baseurl
setting in the main config docs/_config.yml with an empty value, defined in
a secondary config docs/_local_preview_conf.yml.

However, this seems to not be working. From the output of docs/build_docs.sh
it seems like that during the build docs phase of Jekyll, both configuration
files were read, but for the serve phase only the main _config.yml was read,
thus not correctly overriding the baseurl for local previewing.

After changing the jekyll command in docs/build_docs.sh to do:
jekyll serve --config _config.yml --watch --baseurl=
instead of overriding settings using cascaded config files, then it works
correctly.

Just want to check whether or not this might be an issue with my environment
(Jekyll version 3.1.6), or is actually a bug. I couldn't find relevant
Jekyll issues on the problem on the web.

Thanks,
Gordon

Re: baseurl not overridden in documentation's Jekyll serve for local previewing

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ufuk,

Turns out I was a few commits behind the latest master and just missed
yesterday's changes on the Jekyll build. The latest changes works perfectly.
Thanks :)

Cheers,

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey Tzu-Li! Which commit are you referring to exactly? We just changed
something yesterday and the build docs command now makes sure to use a
specific Jekyll version via Rubygems. The Jekyll version we use is
2.5.3. And with this it works as expected for me.

Previously, we had issues with different Jekyll versions. This might
be what's happening to you and that's why we went with this approach
now. The command we use is `jekyll serve --watch --baseurl=`, which
parses the default _config.yml.

– Ufuk