Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frédéric Viollet <fr...@evidian.com> on 2005/07/26 17:40:21 UTC

Building statically mod_jk in Apache in Windows environment

Hi everybody,

I'm using mod_jk - 1.2.14.1 and apache - 1.3.19
I would like to link statically mod_jk in Apache in Windows environment.
Has anyone already managed this?

The configure --with-apache command works fine for Solaris and AIX; and
it compiles and links alright...but I don't know what to use to
integrate the mod_jk feature in Apache for Windows...

Thanks for your help...

Fred

Re: Building statically mod_jk in Apache in Windows environment

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Frédéric Viollet wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm using mod_jk - 1.2.14.1 and apache - 1.3.19
> I would like to link statically mod_jk in Apache in Windows environment.
> Has anyone already managed this?
>
> The configure --with-apache command works fine for Solaris and AIX; and
> it compiles and links alright...but I don't know what to use to
> integrate the mod_jk feature in Apache for Windows...

Not sure what features will you have with static build that can not
be accomplished with dynamic one.
You should first consider to use the 1.3.33 version of the apache.
Although the Apache 2 version is much more stable then any 1.3 version
on windows platform, so perhaps you should consider using that.

In general you will need to create a mod_jk .lib project and link
the ApacheCore.dll with that library, also adding the module
reference to the src/os/win32/modules.c

Regards,
Mladen.