Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Cox, Chris" <Ch...@intuit.com> on 2007/09/14 23:18:28 UTC

Addendum RELO available 4 Staff SCM position-Mt. View

Hey all forgive me for sending this out again, but I have confirmed we
offer relo for the Staff SCM Engineer position here at Intuit in Mt.
View. If you recommend any folks who might be interested I'd love to
chat w/ them. Thanks again!!

Chris Cox

Candidate Generation Recruiter

415/681-3665 (direct/fax)

www.intuit.com/careers

Control-Click below to find me on...

<http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile?action=vmi&id=1228301&trk=ppro_v
iewmore>

If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to our
recruiter, Chris Cox at chris_cox@intuit.com w/ the job title and req.
number in the subject line. Please also apply online to ensure your
resume is entered in our database for this position and future
opportunities:
http://www.intuit.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&
RID=64074

Company Information:

For over 20 years, Intuit has been revolutionizing an industry and
changing the face of small business and personal finance. 25 million
customers have made our products (TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Quicken) a
household name. Voted the "Most Admired Software Company" by Fortune
Magazine 2007, our innovative environment is the place where creative
and talented people want to work. Intuit is looking to the future as we
push for new and ground breaking products that make people's lives
easier. Intuit was founded in 1983 and has annual revenues of over $2.67
Billion, with 8,000 employees in the United States and around the world.
Intuit's revenue's have grown on average of 20% per year for the last 10
years. WE GET IT!

Staff SCM Engineer

Location:  Mountain View, CA

Req. 64074

Responsibilities:

This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor on the design
and implementation of a development, build and test infrastructure
within the Small Business Division of Intuit Inc.

As a part of the SCM team you will work with other SCM engineers,
developers, quality engineers, architects and project managers to help
build a comprehensive development, build and test infrastructure that
will support the successful delivery of our product line.

*	Works across organizational boundaries to define, develop, and
implement comprehensive software configuration management strategies
involving all software environmental components.
*	Implement automated change management into build system.
*	Tool development to support build and test automation across
multiple branches.
*	Tools and systems integration to support SCM processes including
setting up project builds and creating new scripts with appropriate
controls.
*	Source code administration and management.
*	Change control and configuration management.
*	Codeline integration including developing and supporting branch
strategies and merge strategies.
*	Automated build, deployment, and test design and support.
*	Troubleshooting build, deployment & test issues along with root
cause analysis and prevention of.
*	Support and mature our continuous integration build & test
environments.
*	Identify opportunities for improvement in our build and test
process, especially those which result in greater automation of the
process. Take initiative in proposing and implementing improvements to
the process, procedures, tools used, etc.
*	Documentation of build, deploy and test systems and processes.
*	Serve as a mentor/consultant to the development and quality
teams in the areas of builds, deploy and test.
*	Integration of build metrics for measuring effectiveness of
build system and for continuous improvement.
*	Initiates, develops and drives the adoption of SCM process
improvements including documentation and training.

Requirements:

*	BS or MS in Computer Science.
*	5 or more years in development and/or Release Engineering.
*	Minimum 3 years of development experience preferably in Java.
*	Understand and applies SCM discipline and industry standard best
practices.
*	Proficient with Maven 2, Ant, XML, Perl and shell scripting.
*	Experience integrating build deployment and automated QA tests
into the build process.
*	Cross platform (Unix, Windows / Java .NET) software development
experience a plus.
*	Strong Perforce user and administration skills.
*	Experience using VMWare and virtualization for establishing
environments.
*	Experience developing and maturing a distributed parallel
development environment.
*	Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
*	Ability to make and influence decisions using best judgment,
peer feedback, etc.
*	Self-directed and proactive approach to problem solving to
address customer needs.
*	Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
*	Good, proactive attitude with willingness to work up and down
the spectrum of SCM tasks from build breakage troubleshooting to
designing tools and scripts to solve complex SCM needs.
*	NET / C# programming experience desired.
*	Familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases is a plus desired.
*	Working knowledge of Cruise Control, Buildforge is a plus.
*	RELOCATION AVAILABLE