Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Valerio <jo...@yale.edu> on 2007/06/13 18:07:10 UTC

Stop deployOnStartup for only one webapp

Hi Tomcat Users,

We have a "little" application called Sakai that uses a custom class
loader, much cross context communication and a bunch of other stuff that
is non-standard.  Since it is such a beast we are ModJK load balancing 6
tomcat machines.  One of which is an administrative machine that serves
three purposes: DAV, Quartz job scheduler for data loads, and a backup
application server if one in the cluster goes down.  Since we don't want
the other machines running the Quartz jobs (processor/memory intensive)
we don't rsync the scheduler webapp to the other machines.  This works,
but has a drawback.  Is there a way to configure a specific webapp to
NOT deployOnStartup if the Host deployOnStartup=true?  This would allow
us to have the webapp "available" on another machine if our admin server
goes down.

Thanks in advance,

- Joe

--