Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by webdoublefx <we...@hotmail.com> on 2014/02/06 16:53:22 UTC

RE : FLEX-34070

Sorry, short answer because Im in roaming, I originaly put those files in the gitignore because they are generated and therefore it is logical to do so, this was at the start when we moved to git, Justin as RM was complaining about that for the same reasons he does today.

@Maurice, this git command is to avoid files to be checked in, not checked out, not sure though if Justin could use it as part of the RM process, if yes, it would save time for everyones, Justin ?
Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung

>IMO any non binary item in the source release should be under version control so we have a history of how it how changed - just because it's generated doesn't mean >you don't want to know how it changed from release to release - it may not always be directly obvious from the generating template and build scripts.

I don't agree with that.
Flex-config.xml changes = flex-config-template.xml changes + player version changes.

So it's rather obvious, it's just that we are not used to that.

Really, I can't see any good reason why a generated file (which is redundant in essence) would be under version control.

Note for Alex:  you can use $git auf <filename> to exclude a file from git checkout even if not in .gitignore (thanks to Fred for the tip).

Maurice