Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/01/27 07:42:17 UTC

[VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/

 +1  -1  for release:
 [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.3
 [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3

Vote early, vote often.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:42:17PM -0800, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [X] [ ] apr-1.2.3
>  [X] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
>
> Vote early, vote often.

Tested on ubuntu

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by M Joonas Pihlaja <jp...@cc.helsinki.fi>.
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 1/29/06, M Joonas Pihlaja <jp...@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> > SunOS mitzi 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

> > testflock hangs the process, and after vigorous killing, the
> > process becomes a zombie.

This is possibly some kind of strange NFS locking issue.  The
directory where I first tried this was NFS mounted.  Running
under dbx, I can see it blocking indefinitely in fcntl():

  [3] fcntl(0x3, 0x7, 0xffbff5ec, 0xff34f860, 0x0, 0xf4121), at 0xff25df28
=>[4] apr_file_lock(thefile = 0xf40d0, type = 2), line 46 in "flock.c"
  [5] test_withlock(tc = 0xffbff6f0, data = (nil)), line 68 in "testflock.c"

Unfortunately I can't quit from dbx except by killing it with
SIGTERM.  On the other hand, when compiling and running the tests
in /tmp, testflock completed successfully.

> > After removing the testflock case, testsockets segfaults.

In sendto_receivefrom(), the calls to apr_sockaddr_get_info()
fail with, essentially, EAI_NONAME from getaddrinfo(), and this
results in NULL 'from' and 'to' sockaddrs => segfault when
apr_socket_bind() is passed a NULL sockaddr.

Regards,

Joonas

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/29/06, M Joonas Pihlaja <jp...@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> > Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> > http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
> >
> >  +1  -1  for release:
> >  [ ] [X] apr-1.2.3
>
> - Solaris 9/sparc/gcc 3.4 & sun studio 11 cc
>
> SunOS mitzi 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
>
> testflock hangs the process, and after vigorous killing, the
> process becomes a zombie.  After removing the testflock case,
> testsockets segfaults.  After removing testsockets, all other
> tests pass.  This happens with apr compiled with either gcc or
> Sun's cc.

If you could debug any of these test failures it'd be most
appreciated.  The segfault is particularly distrurbing...

> - win32 / MSVC 2003
>
> readwrite.c fails to compile because apr_file_write() uses an
> undeclared local "timemilliseconds" when it probably wants to use
> "timeout_ms".  I couldn't get the tests to run on windows as I'm
> missing awk.

Looks like this was already fixed in trunk, and I missed it when
backporting changes because I thought it was just fixing a warning,
turned out to also be fixing a compile error.  Oops.  Guess we'll have
to roll new tarballs to fix that one...

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by M Joonas Pihlaja <jp...@cc.helsinki.fi>.
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [ ] [X] apr-1.2.3

- Solaris 9/sparc/gcc 3.4 & sun studio 11 cc

SunOS mitzi 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

testflock hangs the process, and after vigorous killing, the
process becomes a zombie.  After removing the testflock case,
testsockets segfaults.  After removing testsockets, all other
tests pass.  This happens with apr compiled with either gcc or
Sun's cc.

- win32 / MSVC 2003

readwrite.c fails to compile because apr_file_write() uses an
undeclared local "timemilliseconds" when it probably wants to use
"timeout_ms".  I couldn't get the tests to run on windows as I'm
missing awk.

Regards.

Joonas

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/29/06, Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On Win32, both with apr-1.2.3 and apr-0.9.8, I get a
> compile error:
>     apr-1.2.3\file_io\win32\readwrite.c(326) : error C2065:
>             'timemilliseconds' : undeclared identifier
> It looks like the first diff at
>   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-commits/?format=atom
> may be relevant here?

I already fixed this compile problem, and will probably be rolling new
tarballs (with updated version numbers) to fix the problem later
tonight.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/29/06, Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > On 1/26/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> >> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> >> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
> >>
> >>  +1  -1  for release:
> >>  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.3
> >>  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
> >>
> >> Vote early, vote often.
> >
> > So we've currently got 4 +1 votes, across a fair variety of platforms.
> >  I'd really like to get a few more systems covered though, off the top
> > of my head it would be nice to get builds from win32 and Solaris 10.
>
> Solaris 10/x86:
>
> testpoll            : -Line 314: expected <5>, but saw <4>
> FAILED 1 of 13
> (This is a regression from 1.2.2....)

Is this another of those new poll tests that are having issues?

> testsockets is also having issues, it is failing to bind to the
> listening port the second time that it runs.....  But this is not a
> regression from 1.2.2.

Well, at least it's not a new problem...

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
>> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>>
>>  +1  -1  for release:
>>  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.3
>>  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
>>
>> Vote early, vote often.
>
> So we've currently got 4 +1 votes, across a fair variety of platforms.
>  I'd really like to get a few more systems covered though, off the top
> of my head it would be nice to get builds from win32 and Solaris 10.

Solaris 10/x86:

testpoll            : -Line 314: expected <5>, but saw <4>
FAILED 1 of 13
(This is a regression from 1.2.2....)

testsockets is also having issues, it is failing to bind to the
listening port the second time that it runs.....  But this is not a
regression from 1.2.2.

-Paul

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/26/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [ ] [ ] apr-1.2.3
>  [ ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
>
> Vote early, vote often.

So we've currently got 4 +1 votes, across a fair variety of platforms.
 I'd really like to get a few more systems covered though, off the top
of my head it would be nice to get builds from win32 and Solaris 10.

I can give win32 a try later today, although I'll be working with the
Visual Studio Express stuff rather than VC++ 6.0 which is what our
build system seems to be currently geared towards, so I'm sure I'll
have to make some manual tweaks to get it to work.  If someone with a
more conventional win32 build setup could give things a shot I'd
certainly appreciate it.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com>.
<7e...@mail.gmail.com>, Garrett
Rooney
<ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [X ] [ ] apr-1.2.3
>  [X ] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
>
> Vote early, vote often.
>
> -garret

NetWare

Brad

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/26/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> Tarballs for 1.2.3 are now available for testing in
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>  +1  -1  for release:
>  [x] [ ] apr-1.2.3
>  [x] [ ] apr-util-1.2.3
>
> Vote early, vote often.

I'm +1 here, but I should note that there is a potential issue with a
failing poll test, see my recent email with the subject
"apr_pollset_poll test failures in 1.2.3 release" for details.
Personally, I'm in the "the test is wrong, go forward with release"
camp myself.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] 1.2.3 releases

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.