Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vincent Kruger <vi...@webonline.co.za> on 2002/07/18 17:53:20 UTC

I Can't figure this out...

I've got my apache server running a windows xp system...
now i've set 4 domains to point to the server IP with an A record.

How do i configure apache to get the domain and forward to a specific forder?
I know you can do this with Virtual Hosting but that means i'll have to restart the server everytime.

Please Help

Re: I Can't figure this out...

Posted by Jack Nerad <jn...@cimedia.com>.
Vincent Kruger wrote:
> OK LOOK.
> I have
> www.ywait.co.za <http://www.ywait.co.za>
> www.tipmail.co.za <http://www.tipmail.co.za>
>
> they both are pointing to 196.199.13.16  <-- MY IP
>
> Now I want apache to recognise www.ywait.co.za <http://www.ywait.co.za>
> and use the directory /usr/www/ywait
> same for www.tipmail.co.za <http://www.tipmail.co.za> use dir to
> /usr/www/tipmail
>
> How do i set this up with apache... there is an easier way than
> virtual hosting... with virtual hosting your have to restart the server
> everytime you add a virtual host.... there is something that you just
> add the directory and then apache will user the directory according to
> the domain....

Check out mod_vhost_alias:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html

It does what you are looking for.