Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2006/05/09 10:47:14 UTC

Additional samples under sandbox/sebastien/java/samples/

I checked in two new "technology" samples under
sandbox/sebastien/java/samples/:
- calculator - demonstrates wiring multiple components together (a
calculator service is assembled with add, subtract, multiply, and divide
services).
- customerinfo - demonstrates the creation of an SDO DataObject defined
by an XSD and the use of dynamic SDO APIs in an SCA component (as
described in TUSCANY-284).

While developing the customerinfo sample I realized the importance of
fixing TUSCANY-179 (need an @SDOHelper annotation to inject an SDO
helper into a component). Without this annotation, a component cannot
access the TypeHelper populated by <import.sdo> elements, and therefore
cannot use the types defined by XSDs at all. I put an ugly workaround in
the sample for now (reload the XSD into the global XSDHelper.INSTANCE)
and raised the priority of TUSCANY-179 to critical.

Could you please take a look at these samples. Feedback welcome. If
there's no objection I'm planning on moving them to the main
java/sca/samples directory at the end of the day tomorrow.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Additional samples under sandbox/sebastien/java/samples/

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
+1 to move them up.

Do you have a code snippet to just grab an instance of an SDO helper?
If we can post it to the JIRA issue assign it to me and I'll write
the injector.

Jim