Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/01/28 18:03:55 UTC

update to latest lucene libs?

Since I imagine Lucene will be releasing 2.9 before Solr releases 1.4,
I think we should sync
to the latest lucene trunk occasionally.

There has been at least one useful bug fix too:

Any objections to updating?

-Yonik

Re: update to latest lucene libs?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> Since I imagine Lucene will be releasing 2.9 before Solr releases 1.4,

Really? Not if we can help it :)

> I think we should sync
> to the latest lucene trunk occasionally.
>
> There has been at least one useful bug fix too:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1509
>
> Any objections to updating?
>
> -Yonik

There's a workaround to LUCENE-1509 in trunk. But, please go ahead, there
are other goodies like LUCENE-1483.

Also, SOLR-783 is waiting for a lucene upgrade.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.