Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by badluck13 <bl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 17:49:39 UTC

[T5] and PayPal

Did anyone integrated paypal with tapestry?

And if you did can you share a little code example... ^_^

TNX

Re: [T5] and PayPal

Posted by Michael Gerzabek <mi...@gmx.net>.
  Am 25/08/2010 22:33, schrieb badluck13:
> Sorry, but for now I must also hack it, because I'm out of time and deadline
> is really close...
> But in near future I'm interested to work with you to create module for
> paypal, even components and other stuff, but right now I need solution, and
> I need it fast ^_^
>
> So if you can share your hack code, send me direct mail.
>
> And I'm already started to work on some modules for tapestry and if you want
> to know more we can talk out of list...
>
> And tnx a lot!
Ok, I'll prepare it 'til tomorrow evening.
/M

Re: [T5] and PayPal

Re: [T5] and PayPal

Posted by Michael Gerzabek <mi...@gmx.net>.
  I did, with 5.0.18 an axis 1.3. It's a kind of a hack, so not really
proper. no bells and whistles. But if you're interested we could combine
our efforts an produce a cleaner module together.

Re: [T5] and PayPal

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
More than one way to skin the Paypal cat. I use Paypal's standard SOAP
api with CXF's cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws client; it has very little to do
with Tapestry and all about Paypal's SOAP. Follow their examples on
their developer sandbox, they have decent documentation. On the
frontend, I use a payment page for doing express checkouts with a
ProgressiveDisplay, which works perfectly for my specific use case.
The payment page supports two modes, either you initiate a transaction
or you complete the transaction. After the transaction has been
successfully confirmed, I redirect to the Paypal's payment page and
then Paypal redirects back to the same page when the transaction has
been completed (either canceled or confirmed). Any code I'd share
would likely not work for your use case, so best just to work through
it and ask specific questions later. Good luck!

Kalle