Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bjchip <bj...@identitysolutions.co.nz> on 2006/09/28 23:17:53 UTC

Which jar file contains wireformat now?

Team

All is not lost, but the search is taking forever.

Where does one resolve wireformat these days?  I pulled every jar file I
could find into my project and ObjectStreamWireFormat is not resolvable...
nor does -

"import org.apache.activemq.wireformat"  point to anything sensible.  The
parser tells me that it cannot be resolved either

"import org.apache.activemq.*" works, but it is as though a part of the tree
has been relocated...  the wireformat stuff remains completely unknown.

Should I be picking up some geronimo jar files somewhere?

Am I misreading the javadocs?

Thanks
BJ

Re: Which jar file contains wireformat now?

Posted by bjchip <bj...@identitysolutions.co.nz>.
Following the build instructions (after installing maven), we get

#  mvn clean test Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
     org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher

Which doesn't look like it's what should happen according to the build
instructions...  something needs a jar file which should be visible as part
of the source build download...

"The preferred method of building ActiveMQ is the following:
cd [activemq_install_dir]
  where [activemq_install_dir] is the directory in which ActiveMQ was
installed.
maven clean test"

respectfully
BJ

Posted by bjchip <bj...@identitysolutions.co.nz>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I would recommend you rebuild the activemq-core jar file from source.
That's where ObjectStreamWireFormat is located at now days.

On 9/28/06, bjchip <bj...@identitysolutions.co.nz> wrote:

> Team
>
> All is not lost, but the search is taking forever.
>
> Where does one resolve wireformat these days?  I pulled every jar file I
> could find into my project and ObjectStreamWireFormat is not resolvable...
> nor does -
>
> "import org.apache.activemq.wireformat"  point to anything sensible.  The
> parser tells me that it cannot be resolved either
>
> "import org.apache.activemq.*" works, but it is as though a part of the tree
> has been relocated...  the wireformat stuff remains completely unknown.
>
> Should I be picking up some geronimo jar files somewhere?
>
> Am I misreading the javadocs?
>
> Thanks
> BJ

Hiram