Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas <vi...@unnat-e.com> on 2007/03/20 11:53:12 UTC

What is diff. bet Apache axis & JWSDP?

Hi friends,

I have very basic question.
What is diff. bet Apache axis & JWSDP ?

Whether Apache axis is alternative to JWSDP or something different?

With best regards

From
Vikas R. Khengare

Re: What is diff. bet Apache axis & JWSDP?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Axis/Axis2 are alternatives to JWSDP. JWSDP contains Sun's reference
implementations of the various JAX* APIs. Axis implements JAX-RPC and
SAAJ, and it is WS-I compliant. It supports the first generation of
the WS-* architecture. Axis2 is a rearchitected service platform. Its
goal has been to focus on supporting the next generation WS-*
architecture rather than to focus on the JAX* APIs. Axis2 1.2 (to be
released in April) will deliver experimental support for JAX-WS.

Anne