Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/19 15:56:24 UTC

CI jobs are in a very bad state !!

Hello folks,
we are in trouble with CI jobs !
I am trying (with help of Karan and Charan) to fix them, it seems that
jenkins slave is not finding the selected Maven version (now updated to
3.6.2)

I holding on cutting 4.10 because there are a few important fixes to merge
and also because it is not smart to start a release with all CI jobs in ad
state.

Does anyone with CI permissions have cycles to help ?

Enrico

Re: CI jobs are in a very bad state !!

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 19 ott 2019, 22:00 Dilshan Pathirana <pa...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> ha
scritto:

> Hi  Erinco,
> I'm new to Bookkeeper . I would really like to help you to fix the CI
> pipeline. If you are ok with please let me know.
> regards,
> Dilshan.

Thank you Dilshan for your help!

I am not sure you have access to jobs configurations, as those permissions
require you to be a committer + explicit action from PMCC (Sijie in BK
case).

As I would like to prepare a release as soon as CI is working properly if
you have time you can start by validating the status of current master
branch:
- check it out
- build and run tests with jdk18,jdk11 and optionally with jdk14-ea
possibly on linux
- try to setup a bk cluster with the built binaries

To build from source use:
mvn clean install -Dstream -DskipTests

To run tests:
mvn clean install -Dstream

To run integration tests (requires docker)
mvn clean install -Dstream -Ddocker

Cheers
Enrico

Posted by Dilshan Pathirana <pa...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.