Posted to users@maven.apache.org by VLADIMIR TERZIC <VT...@intgas.com> on 2007/02/15 22:57:37 UTC

help with multiple artifacts from one pom.xml

I have three artifacts (war files) that need deployed to two servers.
I currently have a profile for each (to apply filters) and I am able to
build them individually using the -P profile option.
I have one antrun task in the build section that deploys one artifact
based on the profile that is running.

I would like to be able to build and deploy all of them at the same
time.

In maven 1.x I would run same goal three times with different parameter
to get desired behaviour.

thanks
vladimir

Re: help with multiple artifacts from one pom.xml

Posted by Patrick Kimber <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir

I think in Maven 2 you would be expected to write a multi module project.

Documentation for this can be found in:

1) The "Better Builds with Maven" Book (which is free of charge):
http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp

1) Multiple Module Projects at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/reactor.html

2) "How do I build more than one project at once?" section at:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

Hope this helps

Patrick