Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com> on 2008/09/24 02:45:50 UTC

Approaching a Shindig release Re: Shindig 1.0 release timeline.

Hey folks,
It's getting close to the proposed Sept 30 release date -- can
folks enumerate the blocking issues in JIRA (they're all already in JIRA,
right?), so all contributors have a clear idea ways in which they can help
out getting to a complete, stable, 0.8.1-compliant release?

Thanks,
-Dan

Re: Approaching a Shindig release Re: Shindig 1.0 release timeline.

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
All the java social issues are in jira and marked as blockers. As of right
now it looks like there are 7 blockers (I just went through the list today
to clean things up):  621, 601, 562, 561, 560, 559, 497
Does anybody know of any java social issues that are not filed?
Or think that the blocking/non-blocking status needs to be modified?

- Cassie

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
I am having a look at the xml serialization and the betwixt issues
(SHINDIG-562), but haven't assigned that blocker to myself yet as I
am not certain I will come up with a fix. As Cassie said, betwixt can
do your head in.
Ian

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Thanks, Kevin.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Thanks for the updates.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
On the PHP side of things we have 2 large items still open:
- JSON-RPC
- OAuth support for the REST service

The good news is that these are actively being worked on (Joseph Smarr doing
the OAuth bit, and me on JSON-RPC), but the bad news is that with Joseph
having various engagements in the US, and me doing the Google Developer Days
tour in euope, we really can't commit to having that completed in time for a

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.