Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Martin Menzel - Dr. Menzel IT" <ma...@dr-menzel-it.de> on 2013/09/12 11:06:07 UTC

git clone

Hi,

I tried to clone the kafka repository but the url mentioned on the
website doesn't work:

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka.git

Is there a new URL meanwhile?

I wanted to have a look to the code regarding access control. As far as
I saw there are no ways to restrict the access to kafka with user/pwd or
other mechanisms. Will it be hard to implement access control?

Regards

Martin

Re: git clone

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
That is the right url. What is the error you see?

There is no access control in the current version of Kafka, but there are
ideas being discussed on the mailing list and a wiki in progress
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Security

Thanks,
Neha