Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/21 03:28:25 UTC

[Trinidad] client (all) view state issue

After upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.2.6 I am having my PPR fail. I keep
jetty expired view errors:

Caused by: javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException:
viewId:/test.jsf - View /test.jsf could not be restored.
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:187)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)

I have full client side state:
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>all</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>client</param-value>
  </context-param>

I am seeing the viewState being sent back in the AJAX request.

I did a forum search and came up empty. Is there a problem with true
client side state in 1.2.6?

BTW - I am using client side state as I plan to host on a server that
won't have a very large heap so I want to conserve memory.

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] client (all) view state issue

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
I broke it so the sooner I can put the embarrassment behind me the
better.   O:-)

I still think Facelets needs a 1.2 state manager...

Scott

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
alright,

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] client (all) view state issue

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
saw it;
thanks!

perhaps worth to get out a new release ?

-M

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Done on a new thread

Posted by JoeJoseph <su...@dnbtransunion.com>.
Hi Matthias,
I am using Trinidad 1.2.10. In my application, I am using nested dialogs
with PPR used extensively. Suppose I open a dialog and then open another
dialog from that, and use partial submit on my second dialog continuously,
without any break, suddenly the state is lost and a ViewExpiredException
occurs. Here is a stack trace for your reference:

javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: /layout/layout.jspxNo saved
view state could be found for the view identifier: /layout/layout.jspx
	at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:88)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:103)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:76)
	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:151)
	at
	at
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
	at
org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at
org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at
org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at
org.acegisecurity.concurrent.ConcurrentSessionFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentSessionFilter.java:95)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
	at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at
	at
com.dnb.rmp.nautilus.frwk.web.filter.UTFEncoderFilter.doFilter(UTFEncoderFilter.java:40)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
	at
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there some problem with nested dialogs + PPR usage in JSF Trinidad
1.2.10? I am getting the exception so often that my application is not
usable at all. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Joseph

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.