Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/05/18 17:48:32 UTC

Apache trademarks on OpenJPA web site

Hi PRC,

We've finished updating the OpenJPA web site master pages to include
Apache trademarks in an obvious but not obtrusive way.

http://openjpa.apache.org/unit-tests.html is an example.

Please let us know if this is in accordance with the current trademark
notice policy.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Apache trademarks on OpenJPA web site

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@apache.org>.
 Donald's a busy guy, not sure I'd want to say he's over-burdened but I
think he's raising a good point.

Making one update isn't much of a burden but keeping it up to date could be.
In addition Donald's suggestion of more consistent branding is a good thing
(see Eclipse.org's projects [1]).

I think the site specific stuff, #2 - #4, can be done on a site by site
basis, but #1 & #5 seem fairly standard and a lot of sites would benefit
from having a template that they could insert a logo into and apply to their
site.

Maybe this isn't  the right mailing list to suggest it on, but having a
template banner / footer might be well received by a lot of projects.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/listofprojects.php

-mike

Posted by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com>.
Donald Woods wrote:
> I've added the suggested copyright and
> trademark text to our Confluence AutoExport template, so every page from
<snip>

Excellent!

Hopefully PRC will have a recommendation soon for a standard top border, or
at least for the Apache feather logo in that top border.

/Larry

[LR:] <snip>

Re: Apache trademarks on OpenJPA web site

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com>.