Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <ab...@bdnacorp.com> on 2001/09/10 20:28:22 UTC

Logging at Run Time

Hi,

I am writing to set up logging at run time. I have a couple of questions.

*Can a Category have more than one Priority.
*If a priority for a category is enabled how can it be disabled at run time.
*If a Category is associated with a priority how can that priority be
disabled and if i associate a new priority with this Category can i still
keep the appender and appender properties that were associated with the old
Priority.

Thanks a lot

Abhijat Thakur

bDNA Corporation

RE: Logging at Run Time

Posted by Abhijat Thakur <ab...@bdnacorp.com>.
Hi,

This XML file tells about different appenders and then associates Category
to the appenders and priority. So when the system starts up we can give this
xml file (i use a properties file) to PropertyConfigurator and it sets the
Category and assciated Priorities and Appenders. Lets say at run time i want
to disable priority debug associated with occproject. How can i do that if
it is possible.

Thanks a lot.

Abhijat

Logging at Run Time