Posted to user@spark.apache.org by qingyang li <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 02:57:44 UTC

Shark does not give any results with SELECT count(*) command

Hi, i install spark0.9.0 and shark0.9 on 3 nodes , when i run select * from
src , i can get result, but when i run select count(*) from src or select *
from src limit 1,  there is no result output.

i have found similiar problem on google groups:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/spark-users/Shark$20does$20not$20give$20any$20results$20with$20SELECT$20command/spark-users/oKMBPBWim0U/_hbDCi4m-xUJ
but , there is no solution on it.

Does anyone encounter such problem?

Re: Shark does not give any results with SELECT count(*) command

Posted by qingyang li <li...@gmail.com>.
spark is deloyed on bigdata001 bigdata002 bigdata003 bigdata004
 bigdata001 is master
i have also copied shark's files on the four machines.
when i run " select count(*) from b " on bigdata003's shark shell
"bin/shark" , i could get the result.
but when i run "select count(*) from b" on other nodes's shark shell
"bin/shark",  i can not get the result.

it seems the result has been sent to bigdata003,
i have found such log on bigdata003:

14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata001/192.168.1.101]
14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata002/192.168.1.102]
14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata004/192.168.1.104]

and also found such log on bigdata004 002 001:

09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata003/192.168.1.103]
09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.SendingConnection: Initiating
connection to [bigdata003/192.168.1.103:39848]
09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.SendingConnection: Connected to
[bigdata003/192.168.1.103:39848], 1 messages pending

Posted by qingyang li <li...@gmail.com>.
i have found such log on bigdata003:

14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata001/192.168.1.101]
14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata002/192.168.1.102]
14/03/25 17:08:49 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata004/192.168.1.104]

and also found such log on bigdata004 002 001:

09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.ConnectionManager: Accepted connection
from [bigdata003/192.168.1.103]
09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.SendingConnection: Initiating
connection to [bigdata003/192.168.1.103:39848]
09/01/13 09:32:29 INFO network.SendingConnection: Connected to
[bigdata003/192.168.1.103:39848], 1 messages pending

from the log, it seems bigdata003 becomes master, but i config
bigdata001 as master.

Another clue :

sometimes, after i re-start spark cluster, it becomes ok again, i can
get result on bigdata001, but fail on bigdata003,

so, if spark choose one node randomly to store the result?

if i did not say the problem clearly, please let me know. thanks.

Posted by qingyang li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen R <pr...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by qingyang li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen R <pr...@mobipulse.in>.