Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fabricio <so...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/26 17:57:40 UTC

[users@httpd] DNS Round-Robin + Apache + Jboss

Hi all !

 I have two apache 1.3.x servers with mod_jk and jboss servers in the
same machines.

This is my scenario:

server1: apache <--> mod_jk <--> jboss
server2: apache <--> mod_jk <--> jboss

 I'm using a DNS round-robin with address "www.myapplication.com"
poiting to our two apache/jboss servers.  Of course, I get some
issues, because when I login in my application hosted on "server1",
after some clicks my browser can access "server2", so I have an
session problem.

 Is there a way to share sessions between apache/jboss servers ?
 I did some tests with jboss cluster, but I don't know if the session
is shared as I need...  :-/

Thanks !

 Fabricio.

Re: [users@httpd] DNS Round-Robin + Apache + Jboss

Posted by GK...@symcor.com.
This is done through jvmRoute so you have to make sure the settings in
workers.properties would match jvmRoute on the application server side.
This route gets appended to your JSESSIONID, take a look at the cookies in
your browser...
If you want more details just set: JkLogLevel    info

Regards,
Gabriel

             Fabricio
             <soprobr@gmail.co
                                       users@httpd.apache.org
             28/11/2007 08:44                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [users@httpd] DNS Round-Robin +
             Please respond to         Apache + Jboss
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

Hi Gabriel,

 It works fine, thanks ! :-)

 I'm just curious abount one thing:

 If I shutdown apache at "server1", my browser access only "server2"
and return to access "server1" if I run apache again.  It's awesome,
but  as I know this failover is not expected when using DNS
round-robin... :-/

 Is mod_jk putting some cookies on browser to force it to access only
available apache servers ?

 Regards

 Fabricio

2007/11/26, GKapitany@symcor.com <GK...@symcor.com>:
> Hi,
> Would be more efficient to use mod_jk in load balancing and use:
> worker.loadbalancer1.sticky_session=1.
>
> If you are looking for session replication then your container should
> support that.
>
> Gabriel
>

>              Fabricio
>              <soprobr@gmail.co